About the Rhein-Ahr-Greeters
The Rhein-Ahr-Greeters is a volunteer programme that matches visitors with friendly and enthusiastic residents of the Rhein-Ahr region, including Bonn, Remagen, Sinzig, Bad Breisig, Bad Neuenahr – Ahrweiler. We are happy to share the city and region they love with families, friends, and individual travellers. The programme was initiated 2010 after some greeters in the Rhein-Ahr region saw a film clip on the Paris Greeters and were fascinated by the idea of sharing their passion and knowledge about where they live.
Recently, there is a Greeter group limited to the area, the Federal-, Beethoven- and UN- City of Bonn.
A greet (visit) with a greeter leaves a lasting impression of the city or region, the warmth of its people, and the richness and diversity of its neighbourhoods, which each visitor can treasure for a lifetime and pass on to their families and friends.
The Rhein-Ahr-Greeters’ services are available FREE OF CHARGE, and there is a NO TIPPING POLICY.
Rhein Ahr Greeters welcome you here. drawn in green area on the Rhine and Ahr. Book your free Greet email@example.com
RAG Map zoom.
About Global Greeter Network
The Rhein-Ahr-Greeters is a proud member of the Global Greeter Network, an informal virtual association of Greeter programmes around the world. Greeters are volunteers who share their love for their cities in an enthusiastic and hospitable manner.
To read more about Global Greeter Network and other Greeter destinations go to the Global Greeter Network website
and/or see all the Global Greeter destinations worldwide.
All Greeters and Greeter destinations share the same core values:
1) Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination.
2) Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people.
3) Meeting a Greeter is free of charge.
4) Visitors are welcomed without any kind of discrimination.
5) Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respects natural and man-made environments, it brings both cultural and economical enrichment to the local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
6) Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange, create links between ordinary people in creating a better world.